Thursday 9 August 2007

Ouch.

Last night I went running with Charlotte. For those that don’t know, Charlotte is a friend of ours who isn’t running the marathon with us because 1) She’s much better at running than us and would make us look bad and 2) She’s getting married very soon so doesn’t have the time or holiday allowance to swan off to Singapore. She is also able to run and talk at the same time, I don’t know how, I think she must have an extra lung, or a system of air sacs or something.
Anyway I ran with her and she nearly killed me. Although this is good because it meant I pushed myself harder than usual, but bad because lowering myself on and off chairs causes screaming of the muscles. So today is an unscheduled rest day.

Things were also greatly improved by my new titanium and polyester mix sports bra, which keeps the twins in check and doesn’t give me a friction burn. If there were to be a nuclear assault on London, you can rest assured that my bra would survive it. I think it is also stab-proof which will be handy when the longer runs come in and I have to start running through Peckham.

No comments: