Tuesday 11 September 2007

Ah to Blog

It is about week 7 of training and I think we are one week off being half way through. This is scary but then I think I am a lot fitter than I was 7 weeks ago so perhaps it will all be fine. A new development over the weekend was the gift of a Garmin from my sister. It is her old one. It is a computer that tells you how fast / far and for how long you have been going. This is good because it means I can run any course I like. It is bad because you are very, very conscious of how far you have run and how slowly. And the calories. I can't believe the calorie counter. Apparently yesterdays 5 miler only burnt 147 calories. Surely not. It must have burnt at least 25,000. It felt like it anyway. Honestly. Bah. Well, I shall try it again today and see if I use more. (147! 147! Surely you use more than that just being asleep!)

The training is now definitely affecting my life. There is a lot less booze (a good thing), a lot more running (not so sure that is a good thing) and a lot more feeling tired (a bad thing). Right now, I feel like I need a week off just to sleep. I slept all yesterday on my day off and I still don't think I have caught up on my tiredness yet. Sigh. Yawn. ZzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz

No comments: