Friday 21 September 2007

The Day After the Run

How I feel after running through Peckham
I hurt today. As Lasty mentioned, we ran a long long way yesterday. I did 12.5 and thought about pushing on to the half marathon point but just couldn't face running passed the bottom of my road and away from warmth, water and feeling in my legs. Today I have 4 friction burns. The shorts burn is a new one. Rubbed me raw straight across my back. Makes sitting down a joy. Thankfully my shoulder injury was fine. A little stiff today but the pain in my knees is drowning that out. My legs don't bend today. Me knees pop when I walk up and down stairs. I think this is a punishment for laughing at Charlotte when she ran a half marathon competitively and couldn't move the next day when we saw her in the pub.

In other news, me and Lasty have entered a half marathon at the end of October. This is to make sure that we are still training and focussed. And can run 13 miles.

My brother has suggested training in cling film to get used to the humidity in Singapore. Maybe I will!

No comments: