Thursday 2 August 2007

The Day all hope of anything Died (Cherry)

I did my run! What a saint! I went for a 4 mile limp which was a genuine limp by the time I got home because one of my hips was grumbling and hurting. I maybe need a hip replacement. I am 29 tomorrow after all.

In all honesty, running and hips are the least of my problems. Yesterday my day started with having a filling with no anaesthetic and went steadily downhill from there. I’m moving house at the weekend, enduring multiple personal traumas and am having a serious case of the birthday blues. Another year, another birthday alone, and nothing to show for my life but a series of broken relationships and numerous box-sets of cartoons. In fact if anything this helps my training as my self loathing is now so acute that I actually enjoy the pain of running. It beats self mutilation. I wonder if anyone else has run a marathon as an undetectable form of self harm. Maybe the endorphines will do me good.

I'm off to listen to some Emo rock and dye my hair black.

No comments: