Monday 20 August 2007

Sarah is a girlie swat, but Cherry uploads the blogs...

Get me!
Today is Monday and the start of another weeks worth of training but I am buoyed by the success of last week. I completed all the miles that I had to and an extra half as well. That means I ran 18.5 miles. Admittedly it wasn't quite in the order it should have been but hey, no one is perfect. Friday I rebelled and went out with a mission in mind to find a pint. Which I succeeded in. Very well. This meant that Saturday I ran ..... Smug grin ...... 7.5 miles all in one go! How rock hard am I? It really wasn't that bad either. This is pretty impressive as a month ago I struggled round 3 miles and even had to walk a bit. On the down side I got my first friction burn from my radio (too cool to have an MP3 player). It is just at the height of my pants and everytime I have to go for a wee I rip the scab off again and whimper in the toilet. OK at home, not so good in public.
Today, as well as the five mile run, for the first time there are circuits on the end. I am not entirely sure how I am going to do them but the marathon guide is very keen on them. I get the feeling that they will hurt. Sigh. Just when the running wasn't as painful.

No comments: