Wednesday 15 August 2007

Wednesday..... Stay on target, stay on target

Hello, my name is Sarah and I haven't had a drink in three days... Well not a real drink.. It was only a glass of wine! Half way through the week and I am feeling virtuous as I have only had a glass of wine since Saturday and I have kept to the training schedule. I think I have scared myself into realising that I have actually got to be sensible and that I am running a marathon in just under four months. (I originally put "in just over three months" but that too frightening and I had to change it).

Yesterday was a tiddling three miler. Which would have been fine apart from two points. 1. Training in the rain for the first time and 2. My shorts got wet and that made them ride up my thighs and involved me doing most of 2 and half miles in a strange crab shape run with one leg permanently going out sideways to stop the damn things chafing. The rest was spent running like a wild west cowboy in a showdown, legs striding as far apart as possible. All of which looked good. I was a drowned rat with odd muscles hurting when I got in.

No comments: