Tuesday 2 October 2007

Creaky's back!

Well, it has been a long time since I have put something up as I have spent time in Devon and celebrating my birthday. (Yes, I was indeed 30 - thank you Cherry). I was on holiday in Devon but did that stop me training. Oh no. Nor did the daily humiliation of running with my Dad and Sister, fitness freaks the pair of them, nor did the hills get in the way. I was immense. Actually I slowly plodded round, grumbling the entire way and hating it. Mainly because I forgot to take my radio so the screaming voices were there in power and were trying with every step to stop me.

I am also currently suffering with runners fatigue. That isn't that I feel knackered (which I do) but I am bored with constantly washing running kit, of getting home from work and having to go training not just plonk on the sofa with tea and biscuits. There is the cancelling plans or altering them as I have to fit in a run. Bored bored bored. Training for a marathon takes over your life. There is no two ways about it. Take this week. I decided to run 8 last night, 7 tonight and then have tomorrow off (when I will see Shark Attack 3 at the Barbican) Then instead of going out thursday which is my current official plan, I will instead be running, then another run on Friday before I head home to Poole. Then a shorter run on Saturday before diving. It is getting annoying. I have lots of weekend plans between now and the marathon but it means that I have to constantly alter my life during the week to try and cover enough miles. Sigh. Still, not long to go really. Well over half way through training! Eek

No comments: